Posted 24th October 2020
Half term has arrived
As half term arrives there are a few things that I would like to update you on.
- Unfortunately we have confirmation of another case of covid which has meant that some Nursery children will need to start isolating from today. They have all been informed separately.
- As we have had a number of cases, we have been liaising very closely with the Local Health Protection Team (LHPT) and even though we have had a number of cases, they are impressed with our procedures and have not recommended any changes. As you know, our area is an area of very high case numbers.
- I will continue to liaise with the Local Health Protection Team over the holidays and so I must ask you to inform us straight away if your child or someone in your household develops symptoms. This is so that we can make sure we are all working together to stop the spread which is already a concern in our area of Bradford. We can help to make sure that you know the date it is safe to stop isolating and return to school. Please inform us on firstname.lastname@example.org preferably or phone 01274 363070 between 8a.m and 4p.m. Email is easier please.
- A note re symptoms - the three symptoms of - a high temperature (hot to touch on chest and back), a new cough, or a loss or change in taste and smell are the main symptoms. People feeling cold and shivery and achey has also been quite prevalent in the confirmed cases so please be cautious if someone in your house develops these also.
- If we work together on this, we will reduce the chance of schools having to close again for a long period - which I know the majority of you want to avoid.
The most important thing to say is THANK YOU. Seriously, every day I feel grateful for the truly amazing families and staff we have connected to our school. We are a team and a team who have stuck together through these challenging times. I really do appreciate the emails of support but also the emails of concern, giving me the opportunity to explain and reassure where possible. Teams who work together achieve great things. Please do get in touch if you want to say ask / suggest anything at all - I will always be open and honest in my response.
I hope that those of you who are dealing with isolation in your house are OK - I know it's tricky. I hope everyone manages to have a rest and spend some time as a family this half term - either in the house or out.
Thank you and see you soon